How To Replace Cooler Gaskets
Fits Right Seals Tight Guarantee
At FoodServiceGaskets.com we commit to you receiving the correct gasket every time. If you are not completely satisfied with the quality or size of the gaskets you purchased, contact our customer service department immediately and we will do everything in our power to correct the problem. Our Fits Right Seals Tight Guarantee means if you are not 100% satisfied with you purchase, return the items and we will refund every dollar you spent. No questions asked.
All of our Quality gaskets are made to order.
Please follow our measuring carefully before placing your order.
Or send us an email and/or photo of the UNIT DATA PLATE to firstname.lastname@example.org with your Brand, Model, and Serial number of your unit and we will get you the correct gasket every time.
How To Measure A Gasket
- Measure corner to corner across the top of the gasket to the nearest 1/8 inch.
- Measure corner to corner down the side of the gasket to the nearest 1/8 inch
- Is the gasket 3 sided or 4 sided?
- A x b 4 sided
How To Install Your New Gasket
Hold your new gasket up to your old gasket on the door be sure it looks correct
Is it the shape and style of the new gasket the same as the old?
Does the size look correct?
Grab the old gasket by the corner and pull diagonally thus removing the old gasket.
Take the new gasket and heat it up to soften it up and help it mold to the new door frame. The best way to do that is to put the gasket in a sink full of hot water or run through a dish washer. Take the new gasket and push with your thumbs. Put the dart “arrow” on the back of the gasket in to the track on the door. Do this all the way around the gasket paying special attention to the corners.
If needed use a rubber mallet and gently tap the gasket to be sure it is all the way seated in the track.
Once the gasket is on the door push the door closed HARD and hold tension on the door for 30 seconds This helps the new gasket mold to the door jamb.
Tips & Tricks
- Clean the door well before installing the new gasket.
- Soak the new gasket hot water or run thru the dish machine if you need to remove any twists or kinks before installation .
- Your new gasket may take several days to form a maximum seal. A new gasket has to form to the new door and door jamb.
- If your gasket is not sealing correctly after a week or two. You can use a hair dryer or heat gun to heat the gasket (do not heat to much or the material will melt) The objective of heating is to make the gasket soft and pliable. Then you can gently stretch or manipulate the gasket to fill in any areas that don’t seal.